CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The beginning is the hardest part.

Today I took a leap of faith. As hard as it has been the past few weeks, I was finally able to confront my pain and let it out. It's not hard to be an honest person, until you have to be truly honest with one you love. Even if it hurts. I could not stand the way I had been feeling, and I just needed some answers. It was only fair to myself and to her to get everything out on the table before it sunk too deep. It is truly amazing how simple communication and a willing heart can relieve so much uncertainty and doubt. It is the beginning for me, the beginning of letting go. Not of memories, or experiences, or lessons learned, or a friendship, or love; but of what could have been. It is not easy. It was never easy for Christ to take upon Himself not only our sins, but also our heartaches and everything else we have ever experienced. If we are to strive to be like Him, we cannot expect it to be easy for us. He knows us, and He will help us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brad! I'm glad I found your blog! And I just wanted to tell you that I completely understand what you're saying in this post and I'm right there with you. We can do this! As our good friend President Hinckley once said, "It will all work out." Have a good one! :)

Brad said...

Took me a while to realize that I actually had a comment here lol, but thanks! Yah, we can definitely do this, and it is amazing how President Hinckley always knew what to say...I guess that's what you get when you have the Lord directing you.
"If all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto President Hinckley..."