CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Take on this Semester

Well I am definitely exhausted already after the first 3 days of classes. It's going to be an interesting semester if I don't crash and burn at some point. I'm taking Calculus, which I haven't had for 6 years. A Programming class which I dropped winter semester because I had too much on my plate (seems to be a common trend with me). Electrical Circuits, a 5 credit class stuffed into a 4 credit class, so it will be very demanding. A computer ethics class which will not be too bad, allot of group discussion and work. I think I will enjoy it. My "keep me sane" class will be social dance! It is way fun, and I have already met allot of cool people. Today we learned our first dance, the fox trot. Let's just say I'm a natural, at least all the girls I danced with said I was really good. That can't be a bad thing! And I may have even remembered most of their names! There is a test at the end of the semester on names....gotta know all 30 people of the opposite sex in the class. Won't be too hard when you dance with like 10 or more different partners each class.

My calling is keeping me pretty busy as usual, especially since it's the beginning of the semester. There's 100 more names I gotta learn lol! It's sad because even though I get to meet everyone in the ward, it's easy to tell who is not really with it....or rather not wanting to be a part of the ward. Sometimes I wonder how some people can be so self-absorbed and not give a care about being a participant in the gospel. I guess I shouldn't always compare myself to others though. I'm just so used to being active and in the middle of everything. Maybe my calling has made me a bit self-righteous, I dunno, I just love being a part of it all. I don't know why anyone else wouldn't want that too. The gospel is so great! A little effort brings huge blessings!

So as for if I'm gonna make it through the semester or not...I have my own doubts! I'm pretty sure I'll have homework every night for at least 2 hrs (thats what to expect from calculus alone). I'll just have to remember to have some sort of fun, when I can fit it in. We'll see!

"Despair is like a cable that is buried just under the surface of the ground. You pull it up and pull it up, but that cable just keeps right on going, clear across a field, until you come to a bunch of guys who are burying the cable. Then just walk up to them and go, 'Hey, have you seen Fred?' And they'll say, 'Fred who?' And you say, 'Fred of snakes?' Then cover your ears, because big laughs are coming."

0 comments: