CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bonfires and Baptisms

Last night was pretty good. I just needed to get out and take my mind off of things for a while. Some former roommates decided to have a bonfire out at Monkey Rock so I jumped on the opportunity to do something. It was the first time I had ever been out there...and don't ask me where it is because I would get so lost trying to find it again. It was just nice getting reacquainted with friends from prior semesters who are back in the ward again. I just love the smell of a bonfire! It makes me wanna go camping and just get lost in the wilderness. It would be great! So that was a nice getaway for a while.

This morning I had the opportunity to go and do baptisms at the Rexburg Temple. It was the first time going to the baptistry for me here. It was such an amazing experience though. I was invited by a good friend who hadn't been to the temple in a long time. It was neat being in there and being able to share that experience with her. I had the opportunity to confirm and baptize others. This service is so pure, so selfless, so important. It gives freedom to those who are waiting for it. It was very spiritual too. The whole time my mind was so free of the worries that have been plaguing me as of late. I could have stayed there all day just to have that peace. I know I need to go more often. I want to be a better servant. I want to be a better example. I know that as I strive to follow my Savior, I will always find happiness, even when working through trials and heartaches. I know it's true and I love it.

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."

0 comments: