CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yes, I proposed!

I got back real late tonight and was gonna just go to bed, but I'm just filled with so much emotion right now that I had to put it all somewhere! If you haven't already heard from a million other people, yes I proposed to Kim tonight! I wasn't planning on doing it until tomorrow or the weekend, but when you see an opportunity in life, you gotta just take it! It's not that she didn't know it was coming, because I know she knew it would happen eventually. It was definitely more of a surprise to her that it happened tonight! The great, elaborate story can be found on Kim's blog, so I will basically just tell you the short version and everything that I am feeling right now.

I took her out to eat at Carino's tonight in Idaho Falls, which was very good! You can't go wrong with Italian! Afterwards we went and walked around the Idaho Falls temple, just talking about our future. We found a stone bench and sat down and just talked about how we first met. It just felt so natural being able to kneel before her and ask the question that has been on my mind for many weeks now. I know that it's because our relationship is built so much more off of our personality and spiritual connection then the temporal. It had been over 3 weeks since we had seen each other last. She got back up to Idaho Tuesday night. The feeling of having her near me again could not be explained. I just knew that this is the woman I wanted to spend my life with. The love that she freely expresses to me makes me want to be a better person, a worthy husband, and eventually a righteous father. The date is set for November 26th in the Las Vegas temple. I love you Kim and I can't wait to spend eternity with you! <3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BRAD!!!!!!! I am so excited for you, can you tell?! This is so great! Can you believe this? You and I...two of the most frustrated people on the planet last semester, and now two of the happiest because we're both getting married!! I know how you feel about just knowing Kim is the right one. It feels awesome. I saw Tyson for the first time in a while last night and I can't even explain how good it felt just to hug him. I'm sure you know! It is amazing! I am so happy for you guys, I can't even tell you. I left my address on the Facebook group but I'm going to need yours as well...wherever you'll be in December when we send them out! Congratulations again! I'm so happy for all of us! :)

Steve said...

Congrats, Brad! All the best to you.