CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

The weekend

Well this past weekend was pretty eventful! I of course spent most of the time with my wonderful fiance, Kim. There is just nothing I would rather do, than be with her. We are trying to finish up getting our announcements ready, I still need to get my list of addresses finished up. On Friday there was a concert downtown. One of Kim's favorite bands was there along with some others that were pretty good. Barcelona was who she wanted to see specifically, but Sherwood was the main performers. All in all it was a pretty good concert. We ended up having to leave a bit early though, my sister Jenna called me and told me that my niece Riley had broken her collarbone. Poor little girl! She had been climbing on chairs and ended up falling off. We ran up to the hospital and caught them as they were just finishing up. They are keeping her pretty drugged up though so it's not too bad lol. I'm sure you can get more of a story on Jenna's blog. The good news is that she is ok, and it will take a month or so for it to heal up.

Then on Saturday we went to eat at Craigo's with them. I love Craigo's, it's always a great meal! Kim went a bit overboard and ate alot more then usual, so she had a stomach ache for the next 24hrs lol. She doesn't have a very big stomach so she usually fills up pretty quick. I thought it was funny though. We decided to go to guitars unplugged Saturday night, which is way cool, I haven't missed it the past 3 semesters. There is some great talent here in Rexburg. One of the performances was from by guy in my mission. It was hilarious. Anyway, on a sad note I also found out right before we went that my friend Carrie broke her neck in a 4-wheeling accident earlier in the day and they took her to the ER in Idaho Falls. She broke 3 discs in her neck but isn't paralyzed, thankfully. Kim and I went to see her yesterday and I was surprised how cheery she was. She said it really didn't hurt much. She is such an optimistic person to begin with. She's going to be fine. She has tons of great family and friends around her to keep her spirits up.

I really didn't get as much homework done this weekend as I had wished, but that's life. This week is going to be killer though with midterms and other stuff due. On a good note my first block class is over today, so 2 days a week I can sleep in a bit more! Yes!!

"Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaut on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, 'Think again, bat man.'"

0 comments: