CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Goodbye's are never easy...

Well I had to say goodbye to someone I really cared about yesterday. I don't know when or where we'll see each other again. It just seems like I can't catch a break. In the next week I will be saying bye to my sister and her family as well. They are moving down to Orem where her husband got a new job which pays a lot better. It's a good move for them, and they have lots of friends and family down in Utah. I am really going to miss my nieces though. They are pretty much the cutest little girls ever and they always brighten my day. It's gonna be weird not having family close by. Other than my mission this will be the first time I am really without family close by. It's going to be hard, but I know I'll manage somehow. Here's a picture with Izzy and one with Riley and me sleeping on the couch.

I am not looking forward to the semester ahead which starts in just under a month. I hate studying, and I always get too stressed out. The classes I am having to take are going to drive me crazy. As much as I like to be independent and do things on my own, I figure I will probably need to get a tutor for some of it. Especially the Calculus class I will have to take. I just feel like quitting school...but I don't know what I would do otherwise. I realize I have like no major goals for what I want to do when I do finish school and so I feel like I'm doing it for nothing. And I figure I still have 2 years to go anyway.

"There are many stages to a man's life. In the first stage, he is young and eager, like a beaver. In the second stage, he wants to build things, like dams, and maybe chew down some trees. In the third stage, he feels trapped, and then 'skinned.'' I'm not sure what the fourth stage is."

0 comments: